2023-2024 Tax Rate Notification
This budget will raise more revenue from property taxes than last year's budget by an amount of $566,052, which is a 6.41 percent increase from last year's budget. The property tax revenue to be raised from new property added to the tax roll this year is $132,537.
The Finance Department represents the overall financial management of the City of White Settlement.
Functions & Responsibilities
Functions that fall under the Finance Department include:
- Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
- Utility Billing
Financial Record Keeper for the City
The Finance Department is the central financial record keeper for the City. It prepares:
- All city departments and the City’s annual audit
- Crime Control and Prevention District
- Furnishes data and financial information for the Economic Development Corporation
- Handles accounts payable and receivables
- Monitors cash flows and approved investments
- Monthly financial statements
- Reconciles bank statements
The City of White Settlement is currently remitting property of any value that is presumed abandoned or unclaimed to the State. Unclaimed property consists of uncashed checks for items such as water refunds, vendor payments, payroll checks, and other refunds. If you think you might have unclaimed property, please contact the State of Texas Comptroller’s office Unclaimed Property division at 800-654-3463 or on the Texas Unclaimed Property website.