The City of White Settlement features more than 200 acres of developed park lands, with 3 community parks, 6 neighborhood parks and Recreation Center. Our Parks & Recreation offer a wide variety of youth and adult activities and sports programs to enjoy throughout the year. We invite you to come discover and enjoy White Settlement Parks & Recreation.
White Settlement Parks and Recreation Mission Statement:
“Come, Discover & Enjoy White Settlement”
To ensure for the provision of a long-term balanced park and open space system for the enjoyment of all to “Come, Discover and Enjoy”.
- To provide sustainable parks, recreation facilities and programs to meet the needs and desires of the citizenry of White Settlement with choices that lead to healthy living.
- To ensure that all park facilities meet the most current safety guidelines and accessibility standards.
- To provide leisure recreational opportunities for all ages with convenient access to parks and trail systems.
- To actively pursue the acquisition of available land for future park developments in concert with the standards and priorities set forth by the City of White Settlement.
- To partner with local youth sports organizations by providing athletic fields and facilities for organized youth sports programs.
- To encourage and promote cooperation with White Settlement ISD to allow public use of outdoor recreation facilities during non-school hours and to coordinate future development for the benefit of all.
Open Space Goal:
To identify, protect and preserve natural open spaces for unstructured recreational activities; as well as, protect and accentuate the inherent aesthetic value local green space ecosystems provide to the community.
- To limit development in natural open spaces in order to minimize adverse effects on valuable ecosystems.
- To plan park and open space developments in a manner that provides economic benefit to the community.
- To develop and provide an open space trail system along creeks, floodways and utility easements that will link public and private recreational facilities, neighborhoods, school campuses and cultural landscapes.
- To address natural open space needs when developing active recreational facilities to provide citizens with well-balanced recreational experiences that include both active and passive opportunities.