FRONT LOBBY HOURS AT CITY HALL HAVE BEEN REDUCED TO TUESDAYS - FRIDAYS AND THE COURT ADMINISTRATOR IS AVAILABLE ON THOSE DAYS FROM 8:30AM-5PM. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STATUS OF YOUR COURT APPEARANCE PLEASE CONTACT OUR COURT ADMINISTRATOR AT 817-246-4971.
Thursday September 10, 2020 at 3pm
Thursday September 17, 2020 at 10am
Please log in to your video appearance 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED DATE AND TIME. The clerk will also request that you provide a method by which any documents may be sent to you. The Court prefers to send documents via email, so please provide a valid email address if you have one. Otherwise, please be prepared to provide a mailing address or a fax number.
Once you are admitted to the Zoom court appearance, do not leave the virtual court session. Once your appearance is completed, the Court will terminate your video appearance. If you leave the virtual court session prior to concluding your appearance, then you will be subject to the consequences of failing to appear.
All rules that apply to in-person court appearances also apply to video court appearances with these additional guidelines:
* Wear appropriate clothing—No tank tops, no pajamas, no hats, no clothing with inappropriate pictures or words. No face coverings are permitted during video court appearances.
* Virtual backgrounds are not permitted. You must make sure that your background is as neutral as possible--no inappropriate pictures or words, no televisions in the background, no other people. Remember that everyone else in the video courtroom can see you and your background.
* No distractions should be present during your appearance. No other sounds should be audible (televisions, music, phone calls, other people talking, etc.), so please find a quiet place to conduct your court appearance.
* Other persons including children are not permitted to appear with you during your video court appearance. This means that the Court should only see you and you alone during the video court appearance. Others may watch you while you make your video court appearance, but they must obey the same rules just as they would in the actual courtroom if they accompanied you to court.
* No audio or video recording of the court session is permitted just as no recordings are permitted in the actual courtroom during court proceedings.
* If you need technical assistance prior to or during the court proceeding, you should email the court at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-246-4971 ext. 218 and ask for assistance.
The mission of the Municipal Court and its personnel is to provide effective and impartial administration of justice, as prescribed by the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure and the Code of Judicial Conduct, with exceptional customer service while building public trust and confidence. The Municipal Court presides over trials for all Class C misdemeanor Penal Code offenses, Health and Safety Code offenses, Alcoholic Beverage code offense, City Ordinance offenses as well as to preside over administrative and civil proceedings, as authorized by state law.
The Municipal Court is a Judicial Branch of city government. This Court and its officers are dedicated to the principles of impartiality, fairness, integrity, separation of powers, and judicial independence. These are the principles to which the Court is committed in its role as the Judicial Branch of our local government.