Code Compliance is responsible for addressing nuisance and property standard violations to ensure a safe and healthy environment for the community. These violations include high weeds and grass, trash and debris, and illegal dumping. The main goal of enforcement is to resolve violations to reduce neighborhood deterioration and ensure property values.
Code Enforcement Officers
The Code Enforcement Officers responsibilities include:
- Conduct surveys
- Investigate complaints concerning:
- Accumulation of trash and debris
- Dangerous buildings
- Excessively high grass and weeds
- Illegal dumping
- Non-operational vehicles
- Substandard structures
- Various other general nuisance-related violations
- Prepare detailed reports and correspondence related to code enforcement inspections, violations, and other activities
- Prepare required documentation for legal actions
- Take photographs of and gather all pertinent facts associated with possible code violations
Often the best way to solve a problem is to become a part of the solution. You can help make White Settlement a cleaner, safer community by keeping your property clean and in compliance with city ordinances. Most people want to comply with the laws of the community where they live, but some are not aware of city ordinances. Sometimes people violate city codes because they don't realize that what they are doing is unacceptable. You can search and read our City ordinances HERE.